Theme : Moorish culture
For this project we are going to work in team of two, me and Chris T.
Chris will focus on environment and I will create a character. Chris also want to rig my character and create animations for it.
Skinning, rigging and animating is a huge amount of work, this is why I am going to help Chris with work on environment.
Plan.
I am going to create character concept first, because it is much easier for me to search for a design on paper.
At the same time Chris is going to make environment blockout in UE4.
He try to make environment as modular as possible. When we will have the basic shapes of modular pieces I will draw architectural designs for them.
Here is my moodboard that I've done for character. I also got some nice moorish patterns in it to help with a design. I am planning to make one more moodboard, a small one with few more character costumes.
Things to consider while making Character and the Environment:
- Need to find good face reference that would fit the theme, will make it more believable
- Think about the weather, some dirt or dust on character's boots to help it integrate with surroundings.
- Design elements repetition on both character and environment
Thing to avoid (Character) :
- lots of hanging cloth (to hard to skin and animate, will take a lot of time)
- too long hair

No comments:
Post a Comment