First for environment.
I began with some arches. I split it in half and made sure that it tiles to both sides.
Next things were tower and dome concepts highly inspired by the reference.
I tried to keep designs interesting but not overloaded with patterns. I considered the focus areas as well as areas of rest for the eye. In fact this is what I am always thinking during concept production.
I do my best to keep the energy of the design, I consider all sorts of contrasts - shape,edge, surface,value,colour and detail level. All that was implemented in character concept too.
I started with thumbnail evolution with my character moodboard as a reference. Here you can see how I try few different designs first. Then I choose favourite one and start to push it further.
When I got front view selected, I do few tweaks and make back view for it. In perfection I would also do side view, but as I am the person who is going to make a model, I don't need that.




No comments:
Post a Comment