Closer to the end I had to speed up my workflow a bit. For Barrels and carpets I haven't done any sculpting in Zbrush. One of the big reasons for this was that these assents were not very important in our scene, and would be seen only from the distance. If I had more time I probably would go and sculpt the barrel, just for fun, but at that time it wasn't worth it. Despite not having highpoly model to bake, texture still came out very nice, this is the magic of Substance Painter.
Two texture variants been made for both barrels and carpets, just to add variation and save time.
To create normals for carpets I used similar technique that Sam used for his couch. But there was need for xNormal, because I was using Substance Painter, I just made greyscale image of wrinkles in photoshop and imported it to fill height layer in SP.



No comments:
Post a Comment