By the time character and dagger were finished, Chris done all the large assets in our scene. So basically our scene was set, now it was time to fill it and finalize the textures. From the very beginning we agreed that when I will finish the character, Chris should have base of the level done. And after that we switch, I start to work on the environment from there, and he start rigging, skinning and animating.
All tiles were first sculpted in Zbrush. I like to work that way over using something like nDO. Some may say that it is faster to do something like that in nDO, but I don't really agree. At this point I feel pretty confident with Zbrush, and what I think is also important, I love this software. Process is very fast. Sometimes I just use masks, sometimes I make alphas in Photoshop. You may ask, well what the point in Zbrush then, if you are still making alphas in Photoshop, just go straight to nDO. Even though I got alphas, the ways I can use them offered by Zbrush, make the difference for me. Sometimes just by using different types of symmetry it is possible to come up with new cool patterns.
Same as before,
Normal,Curvature and Ambient maps were baked in Substance Designer. Curvature
and Ambient maps were not used as overlay or multiply layers, the were required
to make Painter effects work.
Texturing been done in Painter, it allowed me to make many adjustments, and make them quickly.







No comments:
Post a Comment