We received our final feedback before submission, and without hesitation, like always, we decided to act on it. Dome was one of the focal points in our cinematic, and textures just were not working. Originally Chris was going to texture it, but there were so many issues with animations, and I was completely useless in terms of making animations I decided to retexture the dome. Some of the parts were too low poly, but there was no time to rebuild it, so I added few loops here and there and started texturing.
Size of our tower was huge, so best way to save some resolution is tiling textures.
I played with Tower's UVs and it came out pretty well. It is how architecture works anyway, there are always a lot of repeating materials, patterns and elements. I made sure that texture looks nice not only up close but also from the far distance.
During guest visit in Uni we also received some feedback about our dome looking like a concrete slapped with gold. So I changed that too. Not completely happy with how it came out. I definitely needed tiling texture to save resolution on that enormous dome. I was quite fast shot in our cinematic anyway, but if the show would be longer, I think I would went with dividing into sections and creating unique texture. That way I could make it less uniform and add more leaks around the tower with some variation towards the middle, and more dirt around the edges of the panel lines.
Last asset I made was the banner. I wanted to create some golden pattern on in. So I painted the design in photoshop, thought rose would look cool, and then just used it as a mask for golden material in S.Painter.
Last thing I did however, wasn't the asset. I made a water shader for our pool and fountain.
Shader looks like that.
And I made it by using this tutorial.
There are a lot of adjustable options in this shader, everything can be controlled. Colour, size, panning speed etc.






No comments:
Post a Comment